Wednesday, September 09, 2009

 

Neuroplasticity

Neuroplasticity is the ability of the brain to rewire itself using one's will.

I really enjoyed the book by Dr. Schwartz on the topic, the first couple of chapters were tough to get through as my brain rewired itself to understand words like "volition".

I used the book to create a new circuit in my brain for quitting smoking.

The book changed my life:

http://www.amazon.com/Mind-Brain-ebook/dp/B002IPZDQ6/ref=dp_kinw_strp_1

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
Hello, iHero.

That's great that you were able to put the concepts of brain plasticity into action and use it to help you quit smoking. Norman Doidge's book "The Brain That Changes Itself" impressed me with its descriptions of how people have changed their lives by leveraging the plasticity of the brain. Highly recommended!

My company has brain training products that use brain plasticity to help people sharpen their cognitive skills. We use academically proven training to strengthen working memory and focus. These core brain functions assist in everything from short term memory to complex problem-solving.

Perhaps something you'd like to review for your blog??

Best wishes,
Martin Walker
www.mindsparke.com
Effective, Affordable Brain Training Software
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?